Saturday, August 27, 2011

One Year Ago

Yes today is the anniversary of my first ever boarding of the M.V. Explorer and the start of my amazing journey around the world. I can't believe it has already been a year. The time went by so fast......
Anyways, why after so long of not writing in my blog, why do I choose now to write? Well first I am writing to commemorate the anniversary of this day, but I am also writing to make a promise to myself to finish this blog. Of course I am choosing the wrong semester to do it, with 21 credits and 2 full days of working in a kindergarten classroom, but I feel that it is very important for me to think about what happened and reflect on what I witnessed at this time one year ago. I believe that this will help me remember the semester that is so important to my life. Also I think it will help me escape for a little while from the reality of my life today. So since I have already written about Spain and most of Africa I am going to take the next month and a half to get used to my life at school and will start off again October 6th where I will finish up South Africa and continue writing following the dates of my voyage last year. Hopefully I will be able to finish it off!
Okay here's to a year of amazing exploration!
See you in a couple months!

1 comment:

  1. I for one can't wait for the rest of the story, especially with a year's perspective. I hope you're well. It definitely sounds like you're keeping busy. We miss & love you!

    ReplyDelete