Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Beginning

Hello! How are you.....? Haha. Welcome to the first post on my fabulous Semester At Sea blog. Woot! It has been a long journey to get to where I am now and for some reason it doesn't quite seem real to me....I'm told this is normal.
Hmmmm....lets see....first I think I will tell you about the title of my blog. The second part is easy enough to understand. For those of you who don't know yet, I am about to start a three and a half month long trip around the world with a study abroad program called Semester At Sea. I will be taking classes on a cruise ship and exploring 11 different countries as we come to them. The ship will be leaving from Halifax, Nova Scotia (Canada) and then ending in San Diego. So we will literally be going all the way around the world. I will be going to (in order) Spain, Morocco, Ghana, South Africa, Mauritius, India, Singapore, Viet Nam, China, Japan, and Hawaii. This trip is going to be amazing.
The first part of my title is すばらしきせかい (Subarashiki sekai) which is Japanese for The Wonderful World. This is a song title from one of my favorite bands called Arashi. It is a very powerful song about how each experience in life, the good and the bad, is a blessing, it is all part of our journey in this wonderful world. This is kind of a larger theme in my life, and I wanted to use it as my personal theme for this trip as I have a lot of incredible, intense, uncomfortable, awesome experiences.
Well I think that is all I will post for now, I should start thinking about packing....hehehe.
I will probably post one more time before the trip starts.
Jya ne!

No comments:

Post a Comment